"Shoes for Kids" - Another Successful Year
Posted by Joel DeLong on Jan 04, 2017
The Clarkston Rotary would like to again thank the Clarkston Community for helping to make the 38th annual "Shoes for Kids" program an absolute success.
Those who truly benefited were the Clarkston children who left Oakland Woods Baptist Church on December 10th with large smiles and warm boots and gloves.
The donations received during our club's Goodfellow newspaper sales the first weekend in December provide the financial means to hold the annual event. The efforts of the volunteers hitting the Clarkston streets is greatly appreciated and they make it all possible.
Forty volunteers gave up a Friday night to help set up and prepare for the distribution on Saturday. Their efforts allowed for the fastest setup ever.
On Saturday, December 10th one hundred and forty volunteers participated throughout the day in various activities assisting the three hundred and sixty five children attending the event.
Thank you as collectively we have helped make a difference in a child's life.
A Special Thank You to following groups for helping to make it all possible:
- The Clarkston News and Don Rush
- The City of the Village of Clarkston
- Oakland Woods Baptist Church
- Clarkston Area Lions Club
- Clarkston Optimist Club
- Boy Scout Troop #199
- Cub Scout Pack #499
- Friends of the Clarkston Independence Township Library
- Clarkston Community School & their Social Workers
- Lighthouse of Oakland County - Clarkston Office
- MPK Photography
- Jim Jacques (Santa)
- Neiman's Family Market
- Broner Hat & Glove
- Union Joints, Woodshop & Clarkston Union
- Hamlin Pub
- Hungry Howie's - Sashabaw Road
- Tim Hortons - Maybee Road